Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Thongless Summer



Hair
What's with everyone thinking you need to chop your hair off in the summer? Cut it short so you stay cool is what they have us believing. I actually feel the exact opposite.

Let your hair be long and free flowing in the summer and save those fun, interesting cuts for fall and winter. In the summer you spend time by the beach and pool, so the combination of the humidity and air-dried hair will be much easier and prettier with long hair. Short hair needs more work. In the fall and winter the air is dry so your hair will stay put. Your bangs will lay flat and your layers will fall as your hairstylist intended.

So push those hair appointments to September and find the right product for the next couple months—a product that enhances however your hair likes to sit. This is not the time to fight your natural hair, embrace it!

Makeup
Don't forget to switch out your daily tinted moisturizer for something lighter. When there is more moisture in the air, your wintertime skincare products start to feel a little cakey. And when it feels cakey, it looks cakey. Me personally, I love bareMinerals in the summer. Their light powders go on nicely on those sticky mornings and I prefer their technique of using the same foundation powder (but a different brush) for covering up blemishes. I feel I sweat those cream concealers rights off this time of year.

I use the Skin Rev-er Upper primer (horrible name, but good product), the Original (not Matte) powder foundation with SPF in Golden Medium, the Warmth bronzer, and the Mineral Veil finishing powder (I have this in Original and Illuminating. Illuminating has some shimmer in it which can be fun for summer days). Note you have to use the brushes that go specifically with bareMinerals products. I have three different ones for the above regimen. They offer great starter kits too.

Undergarments
Uniqlo has the BEST underwear. The seamless shorts in either bikini or hiphugger (I prefer the latter) are super thin and are offered in nude so you can wear them under essentially any summer clothing. You do not need the thong style for them to not show through your clothes. Did you get that?? YOU CAN HAVE A THONGLESS SUMMER.

You can wear these full-bootied undies with a flowing white dress, thin cream shorts, pastel yellow mini skirt... anything. Which in turn means you do not need to think about what underwear to put on before deciding your outfit. These will work under any and all les habits. And they are only $8.00! So you can guiltlessly toss them in the drier :)

Needless to say, I've bought over a dozen of these guys and they have slowly replaced my entire Hanky Panky collection.


Good luck! And Happy Summer!


Sincerely,
Sahra

5 comments:

  1. I literally Love you so much! It's like you are in my head sometimes - literally pondering precise thoughts on hair for this summer this morning on the hot, sweaty subway.
    PS - you're such a hot mama!!!! ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love thongless summers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the image of a thongless undie under my white dress and my long flowy hair blowing in the wind....you get it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do they make seamless hip hugger shorts for men?! I don't like panty lines from my thongs either

    ReplyDelete
  5. what about what bra under some of these tops ..... geez .....

    ReplyDelete